I worked on this today at the hospital. My dad is getting ready for surgery tomorrow.
This was a move slow, do not start anything complicated weekend. We did have some scrap wood laying around though and I thought that they might make some pumpkins for the farmhouse table. It took me all of 15 minutes to cut the wood into various lengths.
I looked at them and decided that they needed a little rounding. I tried cutting the edges with the chop saw, but I really didn’t like it. I ended up getting out another of Hubby’s tools. The belt sander.
This thing scares me, but less than sanding each of the blocks by hand would. I did it all by myself!
I sanded the edges of each block then got out some left over paint.
I got Hubby to drill a hole in the top of each block then I found sticks to put in the hole and wood glued them together. The sticks look something like a stem. I also had some twine covered wire from the country wedding that I twisted into corkscrew shapes and glued to the block. I had some left over burlap from the wreath project that became leaves.
I think it turned out great. Hubby said they looked like blocks with sticks in the top. Let me know what you think.
I used dark glaze on some. I left in on a while so that it would soak in and look rustic.
I painted this one coral then the cinnamon glaze color then sanded lightly to let the coral show through.