It looks like we will be closing on our home Friday. We now have a closing date and time at the title company. The insurance guy has gone to take pictures, and he survey is completed. Whew. This has been a struggle.
Before Mr. Math has to return to work, we want to get the kitchen up and running.
Here is how the kitchen looks today:
I found this inspiration picture on TomKat Designs
There are a lot of elements in this picture.
Here are the plans to get the kitchen spruced up that should be doable this summer:
1. The carpet must go. Vinyl plank floating floor is going in as soon as it comes in. Currently it is back ordered until August 5th.
2. The fluorescent light is coming down and pot lights are going in around the kitchen.
3. The ceiling fan is coming out.
4. There is a huge pantry on the other side of the refrigerator that is coming out so that a walkway can be put in to open up the space. We are going to put in a pantry in the laundry room.
5. Pendant lights are going over the island. I plan on working on some IKEA pendants to get the look I want.
6. A farmhouse sink is going in. I have decided that I wNt a double farmhouse sink. I love the way it looks in the kitchen of House of Smiths.
7. The cabinet doors are getting a makeover.
8. The laminate will be replaced with Quartz.
9. The cabinets will be painted two toned and hardware added.
We will be keeping white appliances because one day I hope to have a vintage stove…one day.
We will keep you posted on our progress.
I hope your summer is going well.
2 thoughts on “Our First Project- The Kitchen”
Really awesome…love your selections!