>The time has come… we must make sense out of our Burb home garage. I have sworn off all projects this week- even though I have the paint ready to go on the dresser that is going to be our television stand. ( Who am I kidding? It is already my television stand- and we even have the top piece assembled and painted but it melts into the wall right now.)
Here is what our
disaster zone garage looks like today.
I should have included a warning that this scene is not appropriate for those with weak hearts or young children.
Goal for the week:
- Install cabinets on the wall. Purchased at Lowe’s. Yay Lowe’s for providing us with $25 off coupon and having the cabinets on sale 20% off! No sweat for me to spend $250.00 at a home improvement store. We got two 24 inch cabinets for the stuff that cannot stay out. The cabinets match the ones in the bathrooms so if (hope, hope) I ever find a vintage buffet that I am in love with and want to turn it into a double sink vanity, (hope, hope) I will be able to move the cabinets to the garage for additional storage. That is the plan.
- Get all my paint stored on the metal shelves.
- Put up the pegboard and fill it with all the tools I am used to having access to. Right now it is hunt and peck.
- Organize the power tools.
- Put away any loose tools.
- Put the fall storage boxes up.
- Sell the table and chairs. Yes. I am selling furniture. I do not need them. It may be next week before the garage is clean enough to have someone come look at them but they will be sold.
- Clear the trash!
The next part of the garage make over will include high shelving for tubs. Not this week.
Sooo, no posts this week of pretty things. No fun. Just work.
If you don’t hear from me in a few days send in help!