Hello, Friends! I hope you don’t mind, but I am going to be mashing a bunch of projects and finds into one pile so you can see what I have done recently, and what I have hanging out in the garage waiting for love. I am really getting anxious to get started using my cedar that has been patiently drying, get started on my bathroom, and get Star Hill, our sweet little near the lake house updated a tad. I just told you all that so you know it is my plan to burn through some projects that are hanging out, taking up space and bugging me. I also have some work for others that I am trying hard to get finished.
Sooo… here goes:
In the hanging out bugging me category
- China Cabinet- I am going to paint this a very light gray with a patterned back wall.
- 50% complete Headboard/ Footboard Bench. It is going to be a stunner with storage.
- 3 count them 3 tables that need to be finished. 1 of them is going to become a farmhouse table with reclaimed wood on top and is sold. It is still not done. All will be beautiful… if I can just get rolling and get them done.
- 4 projects for people. 1 is a bench out of their childhood twin bed, 1 a media center, 1 a mid century modern dresser that will complete the bedroom set I am working on and 1 a china cabinet.
This is my inspiration for the china cabinet. It is going to be a dark blue.
Here is the inspiration for the media center. The piece I am painting is even prettier.
I hope you can see from the phone photo the detail in this buffet.
The dresser I will be paint in looks a lot like this one, or at least it will once painted.
- In the house project category
- Our bathroom needs to be done. Board and Batten walls, electrical work done, dresser painted to look like restoration hardware furniture, mirror down, pair of mirrors hung, and tile work. Not too much huh? Here is the blog I wrote about our plans. Bathroom Pinnsperation
- At Star Hill I want one wall in the den to be covered with corrugated tin roofing from my husband’s family barn. We need to install a new wood burning stove and hang a raw cedar shelf on that wall. I also want to paint the bedroom and make curtains. No small feat for this non-sewer. Here is the bedroom in the unfinished state. Bedroom
Once we are done, I get to start building with the beautiful cedar. It shouldn’t take long, right? Hurry summer so Hubby has the time off.